- Generally, you can access and browse our web sites without disclosing any personally identifiable information.
- If you request information or services from our sites, or ask us to resolve complaints or concerns, we may ask you to provide information such as your name, contact information and other identifying information necessary to fulfill a particular request.
- We may also collect information a visitor voluntarily provides through responses to questionnaires, surveys, search functions and health assessment tools.
We use personal information you provide to fulfill your request for information, products or services as per your consent. We may seek your general consent to provide additional information, products or services. We give you notice of how your information will be used at the point of collection.
- We may personalize our web sites to provide you with a customized interactive experience based on information we have about you.
Your Rights and Choices
You can unsubscribe from communications you no longer wish to receive. We provide unsubscribe (opt-out) instructions in our communications.
- We have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, and correctly use the personal information provided by you and/or collected from you.
- Personal information we collect
- Use of your information
- How Pfizer Singapore handles privacy internally
- Your privacy choices
- Accessing your personal information
- Correcting your personal information
- Retention of personal information
- Transfer of personal information to other countries
- Updating your personal information and contacting Pfizer Singapore
Personal information we collect
Information we collect from visitors
Visitors to each of our web sites can access the web site's home page, and browse some areas of the site, without disclosing any personally identifiable information. We do track information provided to us by your browser, including the web site you came from (known as the referring URL), the type of browser you use, the time and date of access, and other information that does not personally identify you. On some of our sites, you must register to access portions of the site.
In addition, we gather information about you that is automatically collected by our web server, such as your IP address and domain name. Pfizer Singapore may use web server and browser information to individually customize its offerings and presentations if you submit your personal information.
Information we collect when you register
Visitors registering for services on our web sites are asked to provide identifying information, such as name, gender, and contact information. On the registration screen, we clearly label which information is required for registration, and which information is optional and may be given at your discretion. Pfizer Singapore obtains visitors' consent before collecting personally identifiable information.
Information from outside sources
We may also collect information about physicians or other health care professionals who register on our web sites from other sources in order to verify their licensure status and identity.
- We also collect information that you voluntarily provide to us through responses to surveys, search functions and questionnaires.
- We may also ask you to provide additional information such as your e-mail address if you want to obtain additional services or information or to resolve complaints or concerns.
Your web browser can be set to allow you to control whether you will accept cookies, reject cookies, or to notify you each time a cookie is sent to you. If your browser is set to reject cookies, web sites that are cookie-enabled will not recognize you when you return to the web site, and some web site functionality may be lost. The Help section of your browser will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting cookies.
Although cookies do not normally contain personally identifiable information, if you have provided us information about you, we may associate your registration information with cookies or other tracking utilities our web site places on your computer's hard drive. Associating a cookie with your registration data allows us to offer increased personalization and functionality. Without cookies, this functionality would not be possible.
In addition, we may use other tracking systems like pixel-tags. Pixel tags, sometimes called web beacons, are similar in function to a cookie. But because of their insignificant size, it is not visible; though, they are used to pass certain information to our servers to personalize our web sites and to track your usage across other Pfizer web sites. In addition, we may also use pixel tags in our HTML based e-mails.
Use of your information
We gather aggregate data about visitors to our web sites for product and service development and improvement activities. We also use it for market analysis. We may provide information from our web sites in aggregate form, with identifying information removed, to third parties. When aggregate health information is provided, we pool it from many individual records and strip it of any data that could be used to identify an individual before it is used. Any third party that receives aggregated health care data must agree not to attempt to re-identify the people it belongs to.
How Pfizer Singapore handles privacy internally
Our commitment to security
We have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, and correctly use the information we collect online.
We have implemented technology and security policies, rules, and other measures to protect the personal data that we have under our control from unauthorized access, improper use, alteration, unlawful or accidental destruction, and accidental loss. We also protect your information by requiring that all our employees and others who have access to or are associated with the processing of your data respect your confidentiality.
Pfizer Singapore uses security methods to determine the identity of each registered user, so that appropriate rights and restrictions can be enforced for that user. Reliable verification of user identity is called authentication. Pfizer Singapore uses both passwords and usernames to authenticate users. Users are responsible for maintaining their own passwords.
In addition to aggregate information (discussed previously), we may disclose some kinds of information with third parties as described below.
- Service providers: We may disclose your personal information to third party services providers if such disclosure is reasonably required in order for us to provide you with the product or service.
- Legal requirements: We may disclose account and other personal information when such disclosure is required to comply with law. We may disclose personal health information if, in our judgment after review by an attorney, the disclosure is compelled by law or regulation, or if the disclosure may be necessary to prevent the death or serious injury of an individual.
Your privacy choices
When you complete registration of your member profile, you will be given the option of receiving recurring email correspondence from Pfizer Singapore and third parties working with Pfizer Singapore. You may opt-out from receiving this e-mail when you provide the information or follow the instructions as mentioned in the e-mail or included in each program we send to you.
Accessing your personal information
You may request access to records of your personal information in Pfizer Singapore's possession and how your personal information has been used or disclosed by Pfizer Singapore in the past year. You agree to provide Pfizer Singapore with the requisite information for Pfizer Singapore to verify your identity and assist in fulfilling your request. Pfizer Singapore may impose a reasonable fee for providing you with access to your personal information. Access may be denied where Pfizer Singapore is permitted or required by law to deny access to such information.
Correcting your personal information
Pfizer Singapore endeavours to make sure that the personal information which it holds is accurate, complete and up to date. If Pfizer Singapore is notified that the information it holds is not accurate, complete or up to date, Pfizer Singapore will take steps to validate the information and ensure that it is corrected. You may also request to correct an error or omission in your personal data that is under Pfizer Singapore's care and control and Pfizer Singapore will endeavour to make the correction as soon as practicable.
Retention of personal information
Pfizer Singapore will destroy or de-identify personal information that is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected or if Pfizer Singapore is no longer permitted or required by law to retain it, using secure methods to destroy or de-identify the information.
Transfer of personal information to other countries
Pfizer Singapore may transfer your personal information between Pfizer companies, some of which may be located outside of Singapore. Pfizer Singapore is committed to ensuring that the recipient organisation will be bound by legally enforceable obligations to provide the transferred personal data the same level of protection as it would be accorded in Singapore.
Updating your personal information and contacting Pfizer Singapore
You can always contact our Privacy Officer at +65-64038888 in order to (i) remove the personal information that you have provided to us from our systems, (ii) update the personal information that you have provided to us, and (iii) change your preferences with respect to marketing contacts by logging into your account to update your information.